Simple things are often the best things. Let’s think of the omelette, a freshly made bread with simple butter….. and a simple pasta with sugo, a heartwarming tomato pasta sauce. In this case meatless, just canned tomatoes, oil, garlic, onion, carrot and some aromas. All ingredients that you very probably have in your kitchen cupboard and that will save your day. Freshly grated parmigiano cheese on top would then make it just perfect. Buon appetito!
- 250g pasta, or short pasta of choice. Change the pasta variety depending on your mood, f.ex. farfalle when you’re in a dreaming mood, penne suit well and I love conchiglie shell pasta.
- 1 can of Italian tomatoes pelati
- 1 carrot
- 1 shallot onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs (f.ex. rosemary, thyme, marjoram)
- 1/2 tsp mild curry
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Finely chop the onion and carrot. Heat the vegetables in a saucepan over low heat in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil for some minutes until soft.
- Peel and chop the garlic and add it to the pan together with the herbs, curry and sugar. Let all simmer over medium for about 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Ad the canned tomatoes to your vegetables, reduce the heat again and cook slowly for ca. half an hour. Stir often preventing the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Cook your pasta following cooking instruction time depending on your pasta. Pour it in the boiling water together with some coarse sea salt and boil “al dente”.
- Drain the pasta and pour the sizzling sauce and drizzle some grated parmigiano cheese on top if you have it. Buon appetito!