This is one of the easiest and fastest recipes I know, as one of the most rewarding one. Ready in less than 10 minutes, this simple seafood dish, is the perfect refreshing nutritious lunch on a hot summer day in good company or as a starter in the summer party. Of course it’s great in any season. Important that you get the freshest shrimp available, to enjoy at the most the natural flavor of this precious ingredient. Taste them on their own or with fresh sauces of choice. I love them dipped in home made aïoli garlic mayonnaise or cocktail sauce.
- 900g medium sized shrimps with shell
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper or normal ground pepper
- some lemon wedges
- Sprinkle the seasoning all over the shrimps and let it rest for marinating for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the shrimps in a steaming basket (or a steamer) and bring 2 cups of water to the boil in a pot of same diameter. The shrimps should not touch the water.
- Steam the shrimps for about 3 minutes (5 if they are particularly large).
- Remove the shrimps from the steaming basket, squeeze some lemon juice on top, and serve alone or with aïoli garlic mayonnaise or cocktail sauce.
*Put some bowls next to plates with hot water and extra lemon wedges and a small towel for washing hands that you will need for removing the crunchy shells.