This salad is very refreshing as well as nutritious. I make it a lot in autumn in grape season to get the best qualities of this extremely healthy fruit. It contains of course the famous tannins, polyphenols, easily assimilated sugars, organic acids and A, B and C vitamins. The best hour to eat your grapes? Morning or lunch. So this makes for a perfect brunch salad.
- 150g mixed small leave salad
- 20 g coarsely crumbled hazelnuts
- 3 handfuls mixed grapes (red and green)
- handful raspberries
- 200g firm young goat cheese such as caciotta
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chestnut honey
1. Wash and dry the grapes, cut them in half and remove seeds.
2. Wash and dry the salad and raspberries and mix in with the salad in a bowl.
3. Cut the cheese into pieces and mix in as well together with the hazelnuts.
4. Stir the balsamic in with the oil in a small bowl and mix gently in with the salad.