Asparagus, bacon strips, butter. A classic. Like a 19th century novel or a Bach minuet. Everything perfectly in place, in harmony as it should be, yet so inspired. The orange pepper and the parmigiano butter give a little twist to this all time classic, to be enjoyed with asparagus in season.
- 2 generous slices of bread (cheese bread is great)
- 6 fresh asparagus trimmed ad boiled until tender in lightly salted water (use coarse sea salt)
- a thick slice of guanciale bacon (if not normal bacon), cut in small pieces
- 2 eggs
- butter knob
- 1 tbsp parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Mix butter and parmigiano cheese and spread onto the bread slices. Pass under the grill for a couple of minutes.
- Fry the eggs in butter and place one each on top of the slices.
- Fry the guanciale strips without oil in their own fat until crispy and dry off extra fat.
- Arrange the asparagus around the eggs and the guanciale strips in the middle.
- Taste with orange pepper and serve.