A lot of vitamin D here: mackerel, eggs and butter…. and a lot of taste. A quick and substantial lunch or aperitivo dish. With a glass of dry traditional method sparkling wine, you’re in for a “bubbling” tastebud adventure.
- 2 slices toasted bread
- knob of lightly salted butter
- 1 filet marinated mackerel filets in oil (sieve the oil from the filets)
- some thin slices of red onion or shallot
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- lemon pepper to taste
1. Spread the butter onto the toasted bread slices and distribute the fish filets onto them.
2. Cut the eggs length wise into quarters and place on top.
3. Top with the onion slices.
4. Taste with the lemon pepper.