There are some food combinations that seem like a match made in heaven. Like butter and truffles, like eggs and truffles, like eggs, truffles and butter……
Playing with the quantity of eggs (from 1-3) remains a big challenge together with their delicate cooking process. You need to chose well your skillet, of the right measure and non-stick or iron cast would be best. The pan needs to embrace well the eggs and not be too large for the eggs with slightly high soft borders. We wish to obtain a well cooked but glossy white and a soft and creamy yolk. This recipe foresees 3 eggs, and is the perfect portion for a romantic tête-à-tête, or as a “gourmand brunch” for one person that wishes to fill up with seasonal flavors wrapped in the perfumed and comforting creaminess of the eggs.
- 3 uova Bio eggs at room temperature
- 1 knob of butter enough for greasing the pan and its borders and add on top of the cooked eggs.
- a generous shaving of black or white truffle. The best kitchen tool for this, is a truffle slicer The slicer is then a great multi utility kitchen tool. Other than truffles, it is fantastic for shaving dark chocolate, slicing soft cheese and for trimming garlic, mushrooms and veggies.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the truffle rapidly under pouring water and clean with a soft brush.
- Heat the skillet over low temperature and grease with butter.
- Remove skillet from heat and break the eggs delicately into the skillet. Taste with salt & pepper.
- Add a small knob of butter on top of the freshly cooked eggs and shave a generous amount of truffle on top.