Extra virgin olive oil will enhance the taste of almost any dish, and make your ordinary, simplest meals surprisingly fragrant, plus you will get all the health benefits from this precious golden liquid.
Staying in simple theme, fried eggs are a beloved breakfast of mine…… and I’m sure there are a lot of you sharing the fried-egg passion.
Extra virgin olive oil is especially suitable for that cooking operation, because it heats up very fast, cooking the egg white rapidly and leaving the precious yolk thickened but yet soft. Important of course choosing an appropriate olive oil type.
1 free range hen egg
1/2-1 tbsp mild, lightly fruity olive oil, I prefer Ligurian Taggiasca olive oil, that tend to be mildly fruity and suitable for various preparations.
some red spring onion tops for garnishing if you like
sea salt to taste
- Heat a small pan over medium heat, I prefer Iron, and I like to have my egg well shaped by the pan, and find the to be the perfect size.
- Pour the oil into the pan and distribute it well.
- Break the egg delicately into the oil, trying to keep the red in the center. I break it with the nail over the center of the pan and it usually works.
- The egg white will set in a couple of minutes, and the red stays high and soft and clear.
- The egg boarder should never darken.
- Let the egg slide onto a slice of your favorite bread and garnish with some chopped red onion tops if you like.
- Enjoy your fragrant olive oil fried breakfast egg boosting with a double portion of essential fats plus vitamins. polyphenols, anti-oxidants and more….